Thursday, September 24, 2009

California here we come!


It's official! The Glynns are moving back to California!!! Matt heard last week that he has been hired to fly C-130s with the CA Air National Guard stationed in Point Mugu. Point Mugu is located roughly 45 minutes NW of Los Angeles -- near Ventura and only 25 minutes from where I was raised. It seems unreal to us that we will be living so close to our family and friends -- it almost feels too good to be true!!!

We will be getting out of the Active Duty Air Force in July and will be spending 6 months in Little Rock, Arkansas, (we're still not sure if we will go direct to Little Rock or have a short stint in CA before being sent to the training course) as Matt gets spun up in his new plane. We'll keep you posted as we hear more...

There are still many more pieces to our puzzle, but we feel that the foundation has been laid and now we can begin building on it... Here's to a great last year in Germany (we will really miss our little town and friends here in Germany), however, we are thrilled to be coming home to raise our family with our family and friends in CA!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats! We'll miss you here, though!

The Kendall Family said...

Great news! I know how relieved and excited you are to have this in place so you can begin planning your move! Come on home!!!! Miss you tons! xoxo

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Glad it all worked out!!!

Ben and Stacey Schill said...

Wow - that's great! I knew you guys were trying to get back that way so I am so glad it worked out! We need to catch up soon!

The MacGregors said...

Wow! What a change!! Congratulations!! Now we have someone to go see to go to Disney! ;) YEA!!!!!

Exum Family said...

I am so happy for you guys. I can't imagine how wonderful that will be for both you and your families. Congratulations!! Now you can really enjoy your last months in Germany without worrying about where you'll be heading. That must be a huge relief.

The boys are precious. I'm not sure if I told you that when I saw pics of Murphy, I totally thought he looked like your mom! Has anyone else said that? Maybe it's just me, but I see a lot of you and your mom in him.

I hope you are doing well. We miss you all!

MearaLesho said...

Hey Congratulations, it will be nice not being tied to the active duty anymore. We are enjoying our new job in Valdosta and love knowing the military won't be sending us away!

Where in the World???