Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bonn Marathon!

After months of training through all the elements, we trekked up to Bonn for our much-anticipated half marathon (Megs) and marathon (Matt). The weather turned out to be too nice for us (is that possible??) -- yes, we hadn't trained in heat and sunshine at all for the last 4 months, and so we found ourselves not hydrated enough to brave the elements. (I know, once we return to LA, this will be "normal" -- but until then, 75-80 degrees is a scorcher for us!)

We had a BLAST! The boys loved cheering us on from the hotel balcony (we even got lucky and were upgraded to the Presidential Suite...not too shabby!) and Matt and I loved the whole experience. (Being able to train together made it a lot of fun!) You can tell JP was anxiously awaiting Matt's arrival at the finish line :-)

We are enjoying some much-deserved rest right now...but I'm sure we will dive back into the training for a new race once the dust gets settled in CA.

1 comment:

MearaLesho said...

Congratulations! How did you do? They are so much fun. I think I love the half the most, although I would love to battle another full in the future!

Where in the World???