Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Keukenhof -- finally!

After six years of saying I wanted to see the tulips, I finally made it happen. With Matt in the states, I figured it was as good a time as any to get away for the weekend (Matt has no desire to drive 4-5 hours each way to look at tulips!) The boys were awesome on the trip...10 hours in the car, and barely a peep was made...the Freeborns were tons of fun to travel with, and Willem and Mariann's apartment in The Hague was perfect! Unfortunately, the weather made for a pretty disappointing trip :-(

Wind, rain and 40 degree weather + not a lick of rain gear = miserable experience at the Keukenhof! You live and learn, right? I think Murphy's face says it all -- poor thing, it was torture for him!

With that said, all the flowers truly were stunning! I would go back in a heartbeat -- just next time I would reschedule if the weather wasn't looking great. Despite the bad weather, the pictures still capture the beauty of this place -- truly a wonder to be seen! Enjoy!

No comments:

Where in the World???